Trade Name Registration
A company may choose to trade using a name other than its registered name in conducting business in Zimbabwe; this is called a trade name or assumed name. The new Companies and Other Businesses Act Chapter (24:31) requires that companies register their trade names. We offer a professional service for clients who wish to register their trade name, including the filing of the Companies Registry forms and all other paperwork necessary to keep your company records up-to-date and compliant.
What’s included in our price?
- A notification to the registrar of the intention to use a trade name.
- Companies Registry fees.
- Minutes: Companies are required by the Companies and Other Business Entities act [Chapter 24:31] to maintain minutes of all meetings of the directors, and for these to be available for inspection by any director. The director(s) should pass minutes to agree on the use of a trade name.
- Certificate of assumed name.
How it works:
- You place an order by calling, texting or WhatsApp (+263) 783395103 or call (+263)86644290700.
- You provide your company name and/or company number and we will conduct a file search and statutory report.
- You provide 3-5 proposed trade names and you make payment.
- We will conduct a name search to determine the availability of the proposed trade name(s) and the name search results will be available within 24 working hours.
- You will receive trade name registration signing forms in 1-2 working days by email, including the meeting minutes and the special resolution or you can sign at our office.
- We will file the documents for trade name registration, and the trade name should be registered within 7-9 working days (however, this is dependent on Companies House workload and may take longer).
- You will then receive a Certificate of Assumed name.
- Prices do not include updating the company’s outstanding annual returns and share capital re-denomination.